TERMS OF SERVICE
- Registration for the Beta-test (hereafter, Test) will begin June 12, 2004. Access to services and products under the terms of the present offer will expire for each participant (hereafter, Registrant) exactly one year from sign-up.
- Linguistic Technologies, Inc. (hereafter, the Company) reserves the right to decline applicants and in its own discretion may terminate registration at any time.
- Applicants may register either as individuals or as families that home school their children.
- All persons registered under either the Individual Option or the Home-School Family Option shall be deemed parties to this agreement.
- By submitting the FAMILY form, the applicant certifies that the family identified on the form is home-schooling its children.
- Registration for individuals is $24.95. This fee is refundable for a period of 10 days from the date of payment.
- Home-schooling families may register for a single registration fee.
Exchange of Benefits
- Each Registrant will be entitled to submit two personally written compositions per week to The Internet Writing Lab until such time as his/her registration expires.
- Registrants will be entitled to receive free technical support from the Company until such time as their registration expires. Such support shall be limited to Registrant use of Language Included and The Internet Writing Lab.
- The Company does not guarantee that it will respond to every request but will exert itself to do so. At the discretion of the Company, support will be provided in the form of documentation and/or interaction with support personnel.
- In exchange for its services, Registrants agree to provide constructive feedback to the Company relating to the services and products subject to the Test.
- The Company disclaims any implied warranties, including, but not limited to, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- The Company offers its Language Included courseware and Internet Writing Lab assessment services “as is” with no guarantee of serviceability or suitability to the needs or objectives of any test participant.
- The Registrant assumes all liability for his/her utilization of the Company’s services and products.
- The Company assumes no liability for disruptions in service or improper operation of its equipment or software for any reason, including, but not limited to, vandalism, theft, phone service outages, Internet disruptions, human error, extreme or severe weather conditions or any other causes referred to as “Acts of God” or force majeure.
- Registrants agree to obtain Internet access at their own expense.
- The Registrant is hereby informed and acknowledges that his/her role in this Beta-Test Program may entail exposure to aspects of the Company’s private intellectual property (Information), including documentation, specifications, software, methods of technical support, business information, and other forms.
- The Company shall apprise the Registrant in the event of exposure to such Information by express written notification (including e-mail) or by labeling materials containing such Information as ‘CONFIDENTIAL’.
- The Registrant hereby agrees not to disclose or allow unauthorized use of the Information nor to reproduce the Information in any form except as required in conjunction with feedback solicited by the Company. The obligation of said nondisclosure is effective as of the date of registration and extends for a period of 3 years following the expiration thereof.
- Nothing in this agreement shall be construed by the Registrant as granting or conferring any right by license or otherwise in any Information disclosed or in any other asset of the Company.
By clicking the ACCEPT button the Registrant certifies his/her acceptance of the Company’s TERMS OF SERVICE as set forth above.